Note: Bold titles are links to the sites needed to complete the tasks.
- USA Hockey Registration - USA Hockey registration is required annually for Head and Assistant Coaches. Save your confirmation code as you will need it for the additional requirements.
- USA Hockey Background Screening - Background screening is required each season. Coaches need to complete the background screening BEFORE they are allowed on the ice. Due to new requirements from the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (“USOPC”), USA Hockey will be implementing a national level background screening policy. This new process has a $30 fee.
- USA Hockey SafeSport - ALL Head and Assistant Coaches, Managers, Locker Room Volunteers and Board Members need to complete the USA Hockey SAFESPORT on-line training prior to be placed on a roster. SAFESPORT registration is free and SafeSport training is now required every year. In many cases, all that is required is a quick "refresher" course that can be completed in 15-20 minutes.
- Online Age Specific Modules: Completed Age Specific Module for EACH playing level you will be coaching. If you have completed an on-line specific age module in a previous year, you do not have to re-take that module. Coaches completed modules can be found in the USA Hockey Online Coaches Certification list.
- USA Hockey CEP - Ensure your Coach Education Program or CEP level certification is up to date and appropriate for the level you are coaching. If your CEP is expiring you MUST find the next available class on-line and complete prior to 12/31/2023. EXCEPTION: Coaches of 6U, 8U or younger may remain at Level 1 or their current level even if it has expired. Review your current CEP level with the USA Hockey Online Coaches Certification list. Register for an available clinic at USA Hockey Coaching Clinics. CEP Levels 1, 2 and 3 clinics are now provided virtual.