Forget about traditional fundraisers that involve selling or spending extra money. With scrip fundraising, you can easily earn money for SPYHA and reduce your membership fee while you shop!
Simply use scrip gift cards for everyday purchases and earn a rebate on each one at no additional cost. Cards from your favorite places and companies are available for gas, shopping, dining and more!
- Go to https://www.raiseright.com/enroll
- Enter the enrollment code for Sauk Prairie Youth Hockey in the Join Existing Program field. Contact the Scrips Coordinator to get our enrollment code!
- Fill in required information to set up your personal account.
- Shop around and place your order! You can pay online by linking your bank account or credit card, or the Scrips Coordinator can collect a check when your cards come in.
SCRIP PROGRAM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DO I ORDER CARDS?
Families may purchase Scrip cards through the Raise Right website. Hundreds of retailers are available, and creating an account is simple.
In addition, the Scrips Coordinator keeps a limited supply of cards on hand that you can purchase directly. These are either cards typically in high demand that may be requested for immediate pickup (KwikTrip, Piggly Wiggly) or those not available through the website (Culvers, Woodmans). To order these cards please complete the order form linked in the bi-weekly Scrip emails sent out by the coordinator!
WHAT TYPES OF CARDS ARE AVAILABLE?
- Physical gift cards: These are the plastic, credit-card style gift cards that get swiped at a register when you check out. They can be ordered from the GLCS website or directly from the Coordinator if maintained in the on-hand stock.
- eGift Cards: Many retailers on the GLCS website offer electronic “eGift” cards. These are delivered to you electronically and have both a code to enter when making a purchase online, and a QR code that can be scanned at a register in-store.
- ReloadNow: This option allows you to load additional money onto a gift card you already own.
HOW DO I PAY FOR THE CARDS?
There are a few different ways to pay for your cards:
- Cash or check: Pay the Scrips Coordinator when you pick up your cards. Make checks payable to SPYHA.
- Bank Account: You may pay for cards purchased online by linking your bank account to your Raise Right profile. This option uses ACH withdrawals to pay instantly online. A fee of 15 cents per transaction applies to purchases made this way.
- Credit Card: Raise Right also allows you to pay with a credit card. Please note, however, that a fee based on the total order amount is charged if you pay via credit card. This can significantly reduce your savings, as the 2.6% fee directly undercuts the rebate percentage you get.
WILL CARDS PURCHASED ONLINE SHIP IMMEDIATELY TO ME?
Raise Right will ship cards directly to you following purchase if payment is made online via a linked bank account or credit card. Note that additional shipping and handling charges apply.
You cannot ship directly to your home if you select the option to pay offline with cash or check. You may still purchase cards online anytime, but the orders are placed into a queue under the association’s name and do not ship out immediately. The cards will ship out in bulk when the Scrips Coordinator releases an order, which is done on the 1st and 15th of each month. The Coordinator will email families once the cards have arrived and are sorted for pickup.
HOW DO I GET MY CARDS?
- Physical gift cards: For cards not shipped directly to your home, you will need to meet the Coordinator to pick up your cards. Payment is due when you receive your cards if you haven't already paid online. The Coordinator will typically send a communication to families once orders are ready to pick up; you will need to contact the Coordinator and make arrangements for pickup.
- Electronic cards: These will show up in your Dashboard when you log into the Raise Right website. This is a companion site run by GLSC which is much more user and mobile friendly.
Sidenote: If you pay for eGift cards online they will be available in your Dashboard Wallet almost instantly! This is great! At Target or shopping online? Total up your cart, log in to the site, grab an eGift card to cover the amount and pay with your linked account or credit card. Your gift card will be delivered by the time you get to the register.
HOW MUCH IS MY REBATE?
That depends on the card/retailer; typical rebates vary from 2% up to 15% or more! Keep an eye on the Raise Right website - they run weekly promotions and specials with increased rebates on select cards.
25% of the total rebate amount goes to the association, to be used for all things hockey! The remaining 75% is placed into an account for your family to apply at SPYHA registration.
HOW DO I GET MY REBATES?
The Scrips Coordinator tracks your rebate totals and enters them into an account for you. Shortly before registration opens up for the new season you will receive an email with your total balance and a coupon code. Simply enter your coupon code at checkout of hockey registration and your credit amount will be subtracted from your total.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY REBATE BALANCE IF I’VE EARNED MORE MONEY THAN I OWE FOR HOCKEY FEES?
Any unused balance will remain in your account and can be applied to future years/payments.
CAN I CASH OUT MY SCRIP CREDITS?
No. Think of this as Disney Dollars - they're only good at SPYHA.
HOW CAN I CHECK MY CURRENT CREDIT BALANCE?
Contact the Scrips Coordinator to inquire about your balance or anything else. The Raise Right website will track your purchases and rebates - but keep in mind that this is the total rebate amount, and also does not include any purchases of on-hand cards you get directly from the Coordinator.
For any additional questions please contact your Scrips Coordinator.