It is Sauk Prairie Youth Hockey’s (SPYHA) hope to assist in making hockey affordable for local youth. In keeping with this, each season SPYHA will offer a limited number of scholarships (full or partial) based on financial need or volunteer work that is above and beyond what is normally required. These scholarships are offered on a first come first serve basis. Scholarship applications are kept confidential.
Scholarship requests must be received by December 31st of the current season.
Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Scholarships are awarded based on available funds. Factors determining scholarship approval include, but are not limited to:
• Any returning SPYHA skater may apply for scholarship assistance.
• Documenting volunteer efforts at SPYHA that go “above and Beyond” those that are required or asked for.
• The player/parent or guardian is responsible for the annual USA Hockey/WAHA Registration fees.
• Equipment fees, if any, will be waived. If equipment is not returned, eligibility for future scholarships is forfeited.
• Parental and player involvement in fundraising activities is mandatory.
• Incomplete or falsified request forms will be denied.
The following procedures should be followed:
• Submit completed application to the SPYHA Registrar by Dec. 31st of current season.
• The Playmaker Scholarship Committee will vote to approve or deny applicants. All requests will be kept confidential.
• Applicants will be notified of results immediately following the decision.