Thank you for your participation and/or interest SPYHA 6U program. Please review the information below and contact Becky (email@example.com) or Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Ice Time: There will be two, 1-hour practices a week. The days/times for practice have yet to be determined, but will be similar to those in the past (likely 6:00-7:00 either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu). Please be prompt for practices and plan to be there at least 15 minutes ahead of time. If you need help getting your child dressed in their hockey equipment, please ask the coach and we will find someone to assist you.
- Games: Starting later in the season, there may be one or two 6U game(s) a month. Some of these games may require travel to another rink. Our association will also be hosting a Fun Day tournament for area 6U programs. The date for the Fun Day has not been set. There may also be an opportunity for our 6U team to travel to another association to participate in their Fun Day.
- Equipment Rental: NO FEE AGAIN THIS YEAR! The fee to rent basic hockey equipment will be dropped for all 6U skaters, although a post-dated check in the amount of $25 will be needed as a deposit. A complete set (excluding stick, mouth guard, cup, leggings and skates) can be rented free of charge for the winter hockey season. If a skater has some of their own equipment, individual pieces may also be rented free of charge during the season. All rentals must go through the association’s equipment chairperson. Equipment must be turned in at the end of the season. If equipment is not turned in at that time, a fee will be assessed. Equipment may be rented over the summer, but arrangements must be made with the equipment chairperson by the end of the last scheduled turn-in time. If arrangements are not made, it will be assumed that the equipment has not been returned and a fee will be assessed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David Jolicoeur at 262-707-0596 or email him at email@example.com. A list of equipment needed for hockey can be found on the website (see tab “New to Hockey” and then “Parents Guide to Hockey”. PLEASE NOTE: fitting for equipment will take place at the time of the walk-in registration. Please bring a bag (a large trash bag works fine) to take your rented equipment home with you.
- Volunteer Hours: Hockey in the Sauk Prairie area survives in large part due to the tremendous support of families in the association that volunteer their time to keep things running. All 6U families are asked to complete 8 volunteer hours, as well as assist with the 6U Fun Day and contribute toward the year-end clean-up. Other volunteer opportunities include team manager, Cow Chip parade, coaching, helping put the ice in or take it out, and driving the Zamboni. Note that only concessions and Zamboni driving count towards the required hours. Any assistance you can offer the association would be greatly appreciated.
- Policy form: As part of completing registration, each family agrees to abide by the 2018-2019 SPYHA policies. This policy must be agreed to before completing registration.
- Fundraising: There is no mandatory fundraising for SPYHA members for the 2018-2019 season. Throughout the year SPYHA will have opportunities to reduce your future registration fees. These opportunities may include Scrips, Bucky Books and Little Caesars Pizza.
Below is the contact information for the 6U head coach and the SPYHA registrar. You may also contact any board member – their contact information can be found on the SPYHA website.
SPYHA 6U Coach