Playmaker Scholarship Information and Procedure
It is Sauk Prairie Youth Hockey’s (SPYHA) hope to assist in making hockey affordable for local youth. In keeping with this, each season SPYHA will offer a limited number of scholarships (full or partial) based on financial need or volunteer work that is above and beyond what is normally required. These scholarships are offered on a first come first serve basis. Scholarship applications are kept confidential.
Scholarship requests must be received by December 31st. of current season.
Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Scholarships are awarded based on available funds. Factors determining scholarship approval include, but are not limited to:
• Any returning SPYHA skater may apply for scholarship assistance.
• Documenting volunteer efforts at SPYHA that go “above and Beyond” those that are required or asked for.
• The player/parent or guardian is responsible for the annual USA Hockey/WAHA Registration fees.
• Equipment fees, if any, will be waived. If equipment is not returned, eligibility for future scholarships is forfeited.
• Parental and player involvement in fundraising activities is mandatory.
• Incomplete or falsified request forms will be denied.
The following procedures should be followed:
• Submit completed application to the SPYHA Registrar by Dec. 31st of current season.
• The Playmaker Scholarship Committee will vote to approve or deny applicants. All requests will be kept confidential.
• Applicants will be notified of results immediately following the decision.